[news.software.b] Problems with BNews 2.11.19 regarding `Sendbatch'

clewis@ecicrl.UUCP (Chris Lewis) (11/09/89)

In article <3396@celit.fps.com> billd@fps.com (Bill (with an 'o') Davidson) writes:
>In article <1989Nov7.202123.18938@eci386.uucp> clewis@eci386.UUCP (Chris Lewis) writes:
>>It's a bug.  Imagine, if you will, a system that's not HDB or BSD 4.3,
>>the directories *never* exist, and the error will occur *all* the time.
>>Voila - stalled newsfeeds.

>Since when does 4.3 make those directories?  I thought it was just
>a HDBism.

Whoopsie.  It's been a while since I played with it.  BSD 4.3 makes
C.<sitename> directories.

> It may be happen on uunet but then, Rick Adams is one the
>major development people for BSD's UUCP (or so I've heard)

I was one of the (very!) minor ...

> and I've
>also heard that there has been effort to make it more like HDB in which

There certainly has been.

>case he may be trying this stuff out with BSD UUCP (maybe I should
>send follow-ups to talk.rumors :-).  In any case, I am suprised that
>this bug slipped by him.

Me too.
--
Chris Lewis, Elegant Communications Inc.
UUCP: {uunet!mnetor, utcsri!utzoo, uunet!attcan!lsuc, yunexus}!ecicrl!clewis