[news.software.b] Missing patches of 13 November 1989 for cnews

jaap@neptune.UUCP (Jaap Vermeulen) (01/14/90)

I looked into the uunet archives, but seem not be able to locate it (in other
words: it's not there). So maybe somebody could send me this patch of November
13 1989?

I also seem to run into a 'SIZENUL undefined' trying to recompile with the Jan
10 patches. This happens in transmit.c in the relay subdir. Is this because of
the missing patch or what?

TIA,
--
"Some call me Jaaper"				+--------------------------+
						| The Jonathan Corporation |

In article <1990Jan13.203500.1156@neptune.UUCP> jaap@neptune.UUCP (Jaap Vermeulen) writes:
>I also seem to run into a 'SIZENUL undefined' trying to recompile with the Jan
>10 patches. This happens in transmit.c in the relay subdir. Is this because of
>the missing patch or what?

Yes.  SIZENUL was defined in the 13-Nov patch.
--
1972: Saturn V #15 flight-ready|     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
1990: birds nesting in engines | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu

geoff@utstat.uucp (Geoff Collyer) (01/15/90)

The current cnews.Z can currently always be retrieved by anonymous ftp
from cs.toronto.edu:/ai/ftp/pub/cnews.Z and the complete set of patches
from cs.toronto.edu:/ai/ftp/pub/cnews.patches/*.  (We hope to move the
definitive ftp archive to zoo.toronto.edu when it gets an A resource
record.)

> I also seem to run into a 'SIZENUL undefined' trying to recompile with
> the Jan 10 patches.  ...  Is this because of the missing patch ...?

Yes.  There are no optional patches.
--
Geoff Collyer		utzoo!utstat!geoff, geoff@utstat.toronto.edu

jaap@neptune.UUCP (Jaap Vermeulen) (01/15/90)

jaap@neptune.UUCP (Jaap Vermeulen) writes:

>I looked into the uunet archives, but seem not be able to locate it (in other
>words: it's not there). So maybe somebody could send me this patch of November
>13 1989?

Uunet was reorganizing its directories. It's there again. Thanks for all