[news.software.b] Bnews 2.11.1[89] history file

davecb@yunexus.UUCP (David Collier-Brown) (01/30/90)

matthew@sunpix.East.Sun.COM ( Sun Visualization Products) writes:
>    Is there any simple patch I could apply to get the Bnews history file
>format back. (I don't believe that all the Cnews patches would have to be
>removed, just the one dealing with the creation of the initial entry into
>the history file.)

  If the intention is to ease readability, just apply the patch
"backwards" (-R)  with the #ifdef flag on (-D CNEWS), then amend
the old-format code to go to a different log file.  And expire
that log often!

--dave
--
David Collier-Brown,  | davecb@yunexus, ...!yunexus!davecb or
72 Abitibi Ave.,      | {toronto area...}lethe!dave