[news.software.b] stupid Cnews question about comp.mail.maps

molenda@cs.umn.edu (Jason "Hax R Us" Molenda) (04/06/90)

I finally noticed (after 3 months of running Cnews) that all the maps we've
been receiving in comp.mail.maps haven't been getting unpacked into the
comp/mail/maps/comp.mail.maps directory.  Alas, I have no idea how it was
done back when we were running Bnews (one of the first things I started on
when I became news/mail person here was getting Cnews up).  Neither of our
last two news/mail people seem to remember.

My question is if Cnews is supposed to be unsharing these things automagically
or if there is an auxiliary program I should be running to do it?  Or should
I just get off my lazy butt and write a script to do it? :-)

thanks for your help.  I think I've checked through the Cnews docs and haven't
found something; if I missed the correct man page/file to look at, please
just point me in the proper direction and I'll happily RTFM.

-----
Jason Molenda, University of Minnesota, Minnesota Supercomputer Institute
molenda@s1.msi.umn.edu  || rutgers!umn-cs!s1.msi.umn.edu!molenda
or molenda@cs.umn.edu (which is just a forward to molenda@s1.msi.umn.edu)

molenda@s1.msi.umn.edu (Jason Molenda) (04/09/90)

molenda@cs.umn.edu (Jason "Hax R Us" Molenda) writes:

>I finally noticed (after 3 months of running Cnews) that all the maps we've
>been receiving in comp.mail.maps haven't been getting unpacked into the
>comp/mail/maps/comp.mail.maps directory.  Alas, I have no idea how it was

ignore that question.  I just found the source to uuhosts and figured out
how it's all supposed to work.

  -jason molenda, University of Minnesota, Minnesota Supercomputer Institute
   molenda@s1.msi.umn.edu

geoff@utstat.uucp (Geoff Collyer) (04/09/90)

C news doesn't unpack maps automagically; you have to put something in your
sys file.  Some people run uuhosts from their sys files for comp.mail.maps.
--
Geoff Collyer		utzoo!utstat!geoff, geoff@utstat.toronto.edu