[news.software.b] C News and DBZ, status thereof

As many people know, I've been promising official dbz support in C News
Real Soon Now for rather a long time.  Quite a few folks have been waiting
impatiently.  Some who've corresponded with me lately know that I was
swearing to have it done by the end of March.  Well, I almost made it.

C News with a spiffied-up dbz has been running on utzoo for a couple of
days now.  I've found and fixed one obscure problem that didn't come up
in my regression tests -- there is a *reason* why we insist on running
things ourselves for a while before releasing them! -- and if nothing else
turns up, the patch (well, patches, it'll be another two-parter, by the
looks of it) will come out sometime next week.  Apart from watching it
run in production for a few more days, the only thing that isn't done
yet is some of the documentation.
--
Apollo @ 8yrs: one small step.|     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
Space station @ 8yrs:        .| uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu

In article <1990Apr6.191937.13204@utzoo.uucp> I wrote:
>... if nothing else
>turns up, the [dbz] patch (well, patches, it'll be another two-parter, by the
>looks of it) will come out sometime next week...

Just to keep people current, as I know there are folks waiting impatiently
for those patches...  They will probably slip to next week.  Jon Zeeff, on
seeing a preliminary copy, had some good suggestions that I think are
worth incorporating, and it's been a slightly busy week.
--
With features like this,      |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
who needs bugs?               | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu