[news.software.b] expire not working

In article <1990Jun26.002315.3616@efi.com> yale@efi.com (Yale Rosenblatt) writes:
>The error that is sent to the /tmp/dofile is:
>
>expire: bad active-file line for `alt.aquaria'
>
>This is the third file in the active  file. And if I remove it
>(for testing purposes) the next line entry is called bad.
>
>The following is my explist file:

What we need to see is the first few lines of your active file.  There
really is something wrong with it, or at least expire thinks so.  That
error means that a line in the active file had the wrong number of fields.

In general, expire is paranoid.  Its job is to destroy files.  This is
best done cautiously, so if expire runs into something it doesn't understand,
it stops and yells for help.

>/bounds/                        x       0-1-90

Speaking of wrong number of fields, note that this line should have one
more (a "-" in it).
--
As a user I'll take speed over|     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
features any day. -A.Tanenbaum| uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu