[news.software.b] Creating a moderated news group

mwarren@mips2.cr.bull.com (Mark Warren) (07/26/90)

I sent a newgroup message for an internally distributed newsgroup.  The
newsgroup is moderated, and I modified the mailpaths file on the machine
where I did the newgroup.  Is there a mechanism that will allow automatic
updating of the mailpaths file on all machines receiving the newgroup
message?

If it matters, I am running Cnews on all sites in question.
--

 == Mark Warren                      Bull HN Information Systems Inc. ==
 == (508) 294-3171 (FAX 671-3020)    300 Concord Road     MS820A      ==

In article <1990Jul26.104453.27753@mips2.cr.bull.com> mwarren@mips2.cr.bull.com (Mark Warren) writes:
>...Is there a mechanism that will allow automatic
>updating of the mailpaths file on all machines receiving the newgroup
>message?

Unfortunately, no.  Not a stock one, anyway.  You could set up an internal
newsgroup and supply a sys-file line that sent postings to that group into
a mailpath-update program, though.
--
NFS:  all the nice semantics of MSDOS, | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
and its performance and security too.  |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry