[news.software.b] Cnews MANIFEST file

jv@mh.nl (Johan Vromans) (09/12/90)

Since I'm passing around Cnews source kits:

 - Is there an official MANIFEST file for the Cnews source kit
   available?
 - Any other means to make sure the kit is complete?
 - How about a "make distribution_kit" entry in the Makefile?

Thanks in advance

	Johan
--
Johan Vromans				       jv@mh.nl via internet backbones
Multihouse Automatisering bv		       uucp: ..!{uunet,hp4nl}!mh.nl!jv

In article <1990Sep12.132421.2175@squirrel.mh.nl> Johan Vromans <jv@mh.nl> writes:
> - Is there an official MANIFEST file for the Cnews source kit
>   available?

Not at present.  I should probably do something about that.

> - Any other means to make sure the kit is complete?

Simple truncation errors can be guarded against, if you're looking at
the cnews.Z distribution as we ship it, by looking for "echo done" as
the last line.  There is no real protection against gaps in the middle,
however.

> - How about a "make distribution_kit" entry in the Makefile?

There are an abundance of Makefiles involved :-), including some that
don't go out with the distribution.  I think I'll defer this one until
I find time to do the long-promised shakeup of the configuration stuff
(which will include Makefile upheavals).
--
TCP/IP: handling tomorrow's loads today| Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
OSI: handling yesterday's loads someday|  henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry