[news.software.b] receiving in cnews

jgabriel@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Juan Gabriel Ruiz Pinto) (10/13/90)

   Hi, actually I'm installign C-news on a RS/6000 computer. I have all
 the software working, but I'm getting all the received batches on
 the /usr/spool/news/in.coming directory.
   I'm used the newsboot command, and is the same thing. My log file
 is empty too.
   Any body can help me with that?

--
*****   Greetings from Mexico!   *****
Juan Gabriel Ruiz Pinto                   Internet:

In article <2392@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx> jgabriel@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Juan Gabriel Ruiz Pinto) writes:
>   Hi, actually I'm installign C-news on a RS/6000 computer. I have all
> the software working, but I'm getting all the received batches on
> the /usr/spool/news/in.coming directory.
>   I'm used the newsboot command, and is the same thing. My log file
> is empty too.

Note that you need to arrange to have certain things run at regular
intervals, e.g. by adding entries to "cron"'s control files.  The file
conf/cron is a prototype of what's needed, although there is enough
variation in implementations of "cron" that it may need modifying for
your system.

In particular, you need to run "newsrun" regularly to clean out the
in.coming directory and actually process the news.
--
"...the i860 is a wonderful source     | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
of thesis topics."    --Preston Briggs |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry