[news.software.b] cnews

larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) (10/29/90)

mike@tredysvr.Tredydev.Unisys.COM (Mike Marciniszyn) writes:

>Up to Patchlevel 19 is available in the osu archives.

is there a quick way to tell what patch level of cnews I am running
(I picked up the release I am running via ftp from U of Toronto) --

what is the current patch level?

 {larry@nstar, uunet!sco!romed!nstar!larry, nstar%larry@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)

larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) writes:

>is there a quick way to tell what patch level of cnews I am running
>(I picked up the release I am running via ftp from U of Toronto) --

>what is the current patch level?

I just opened up the archive - and found that my cnews PATCHDATE
file mentioned Sep 7 - so I guess I can assume that my cnews is
current through the Sep 7 patch --