[news.software.b] Is the cnews dbz package usable with bnews?

jon@jonlab.UUCP (Jon H. LaBadie) (11/15/90)

I'm currently running bnews, 2.11.19 using the dbz library that
was posted about 2 years ago.  I've had some minor difficulties
using this library and am about to reinvestigate the problem.

However, there is a new dbz package distributed with/for cnews.

Is this compatible with bnews?

Are there any patches needed to get it to work with bnews?

My system is an AT&T 3B1 running SVR2.

Thanks,

Jon
--
Jon LaBadie
{att, princeton, bcr, attmail!auxnj}!jonlab!jon

In article <878@jonlab.UUCP> jon@jonlab.UUCP (Jon H. LaBadie) writes:
>However, there is a new dbz package distributed with/for cnews.
>Is this compatible with bnews?

By intent, yes.  I didn't have a chance to test that thoroughly.  The one
thing to watch out for is the choice of case-mapping algorithm; you
probably want to use -DBNEWS to get the non-standard B News mapping
algorithm.
--
"I don't *want* to be normal!"         | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
"Not to worry."                        |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry