[news.software.b] trn patches?

phil@shl.com (Phil Trubey) (11/28/90)

Does anyone know where I can get all (all one?) of the patches to date
for trn?  uunet has the original trn distribution, but no patches.

By the way, I am having a problem with mthreads.  It seems to work
(it generates a lot of activity) but when it is finished, it only
generates .new files in the thread directory (I use a separate
thread directory instead of filling up /usr/spool/news).  Should there
also be .th files?  I ask because trn cannot find the thread
database when it runs.

I am hoping that a patch or two fixes this problem.  I am running with
cnews by the way, if that makes a difference.

--
Phil Trubey
SHL Systemhouse Inc.

mathisen@dali.cs.montana.edu (Jaye Mathisen) (11/30/90)

In article <1990Nov27.215711.19082@shl.com> phil@shl.com (Phil Trubey) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can get all (all one?) of the patches to date
>for trn?  uunet has the original trn distribution, but no patches.

Patches for trn to version 1.1 are available via anonymous ftp to:

caesar.cs.montana.edu (192.31.215.202)

cd to pub/trn

and the file is trn.patch1 or somesuch.