[news.software.b] minor misc/histfrom bug; utzoo!c-news on holiday

geoff@zoo.toronto.edu (Geoffrey Collyer) (12/20/90)

Several people have observed that the new misc/histfrom script
incorrectly refers to /bin/getdate (naughty, naughty, Henry :-); changing
all occurrences of "/bin/getdate" to "getdate" should fix it.

Henry has already taken off early for the holidays, and I'm busy and about
to leave for the holidays, so mail to utzoo!c-news may go unanswered
until the new year.
--
Geoff Collyer		utzoo!geoff, zoo.toronto.edu!geoff

In article <1990Dec20.081154.22242@zoo.toronto.edu> geoff@zoo.toronto.edu (Geoffrey Collyer) writes:
>Several people have observed that the new misc/histfrom script
>incorrectly refers to /bin/getdate (naughty, naughty, Henry :-); changing
>all occurrences of "/bin/getdate" to "getdate" should fix it.

#@#@%$^%$%^#@#@!!!  How did *that* happen?!?  Damned if I know.  Anyway,
this will be fixed in the next patch; Geoff's suggested change is correct.
--
"The average pointer, statistically,    |Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
points somewhere in X." -Hugh Redelmeier| henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry