[news.software.b] How do I mail a news group?

fsb@vitro.uucp (Steve Brailsford) (12/24/90)

I think I remember this is where C-News questions can be asked.  I
wish they would change the name to (n.s.c).  Anyway,  what I would
like to do is mail any new news to certain people on another
machine on my LAN.  Like sending one or two newsgroups to a couple
of people.  I see you can run other programs from the sys file like
I do to collect the uumaps.  Can I do something similar to email it
out too?  I haven't figured out what all this IHave/SendMe stuff is.
Maybe that has something to do with it?  Thanks for any help.
--
    Steve Brailsford		Usenet:  uunet!media!vitro!fsb
    Vitro Corporation		Compu$erve: 73427,1466

In article <1990Dec24.145811.5601@vitro.uucp> fsb@vitro.uucp (Steve Brailsford) writes:
>like to do is mail any new news to certain people on another
>machine on my LAN.  Like sending one or two newsgroups to a couple
>of people.  I see you can run other programs from the sys file like
>I do to collect the uumaps.  Can I do something similar to email it
>out too?

Yes.  In fact, the current distribution's sample sys file includes an
example of this; look at conf/sys.proto.

>I haven't figured out what all this IHave/SendMe stuff is.
>Maybe that has something to do with it? ...

Nope.  If you haven't figured out ihave/sendme, please don't try.  It only
hurts your head. :-)
--
"The average pointer, statistically,    |Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
points somewhere in X." -Hugh Redelmeier| henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry