[news.software.b] Active file getting corrupted

swindon.ingr.com (Nik Simpson x333) (01/03/91)

	Over Christmas something trashed my active file by removing the last
character of many lines so that the moderated/unmoderated status was lost.
	I'm currently running CNEWS patched upto but not including the
September patch,  the system has been running quite happily for about 6
weeks,  the trouble appeared to start after I got a checkgroups message.
	Is this a problem fixed in the later patches to CNEWS or is it nothing
to do with CNEWS at all.

PS
	I asked for somebody to mail me the September patch,  I got a number
of responses promising to mail me the patch,  however I never received the
patch,  could some kind soul send me the patch,  then I can upgrade to the
patches posted in December.
--
|--------------------------------------------------|
|  Nik Simpson	UUCP :uunet!ingr!swindon!st_nik!nik|

In article <1991Jan3.110125.14937@st_nik!swindon.ingr.com> nik@st_nik!swindon.ingr.com (Nik Simpson x333) writes:
>	Over Christmas something trashed my active file by removing the last
>character of many lines so that the moderated/unmoderated status was lost...
>	Is this a problem fixed in the later patches to CNEWS or is it nothing
>to do with CNEWS at all.

We've never heard of anything like that.  I'd say "nothing to do with C News".

>	I asked for somebody to mail me the September patch...

Careful:  there were *two* September patches.
--
"The average pointer, statistically,    |Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
points somewhere in X." -Hugh Redelmeier| henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry