[news.software.b] Where can I find a list of moderaters?

huntting@rtfm.colorado.edu (01/04/91)

I'm running cnews here, and my NEWSCTL/mailpaths file still contains
only a few local groups, and the `all' line you get with the
installation.  I modified it slightly since my mailer prefers internet
addresses:

	all             %s@uunet.uu.net

Perhaps there's a way I can automate the updating of this file?

It seems rather rude to send EVERYTHING to uunet.

Unless you think this is a pressing issue pertinent to all please reply
by email.  :)

thanx,
brad

In article <1991Jan4.085459.8538@csn.org> huntting@rtfm.colorado.edu writes:
>I'm running cnews here, and my NEWSCTL/mailpaths file still contains
>only a few local groups, and the `all' line you get with the
>installation...
>Perhaps there's a way I can automate the updating of this file?

Unfortunately, basically, no.  The problem is that what mail addresses are
suitable for your site is very site-specific (consider the uucp-only sites
that have to specific precise routes).  Automated updating is not even
theoretically possible.
--
"The average pointer, statistically,    |Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
points somewhere in X." -Hugh Redelmeier| henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry