[news.software.b] newgroup/rmgroup in cnews

rosenblg@acf3.nyu.edu (Gary J. Rosenblum) (01/27/91)

Pardon if this has been asked before, but why in Cnews do the newgroup/
rmgroup control messages consist of only that one line (ie, rmgroup blah
says ...), whereas in Bnews, the entire message is posted?  With all
the bogus newgroup/rmgroup messages we have been hit with in the past,
I figure the more info I have to decide on the better.

					Gary
--

Gary J. Rosenblum
UNIX Systems Manager			rosenblg@nyu.edu

In article <1991Jan27.070620.14621@cmcl2.nyu.edu> rosenblg@acf3.nyu.edu (Gary J. Rosenblum) writes:
>Pardon if this has been asked before, but why in Cnews do the newgroup/
>rmgroup control messages consist of only that one line (ie, rmgroup blah
>says ...), whereas in Bnews, the entire message is posted? ...

The entire message is posted, in the "control" newsgroup, regardless.
The summaries mailed to the administrator are terser, yes, and that may
have been a mistake.  Reworking of certain aspects of that stuff is on
the "to be looked at" list.
--
If the Space Shuttle was the answer,   | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
what was the question?                 |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry