[news.software.b] rn fixed - thanks to all!

rag@genco.bungi.com (Art Gentry) (02/16/91)

Many thanks to all that pointed me in the right direction to fix my
rn problem.  Still need to get the patched I'm missing, but at least
I am working for now.  For any that run into this same problem (newgroup
xxx does not exist - when it really does), the fix was to change the
type of ACT_POS from short to long in common.h.

Thanks to the following:

 war@wetware.uucp (Andy Rundquist)
 Neil Rickert <bmskc!uunet!cs.niu.edu!rickert>
 bmskc!uunet!mlb.semi.harris.com!del (Don Lewis)
 Icarus Sparry <bmskc!uunet!gdt.bath.ac.uk!I.Sparry>
 bmskc!uunet!world.std.com!spike

Art

|   R. Arthur Gentry  --  Gentry & Associates -- Excelsior Springs, MO    |
| gentry@genco.bungi.com    uunet!daver!kcdev!genco!gentry   816-637-2443 |
|Computer Consultants specializing in UNIX system admin, mgmt and security|
|               I am the boss - so my opinions DO count!                  |

sob@tmc.edu (Stan Barber) (02/17/91)

In article <447@genco.bungi.com> rag@genco.bungi.com (Art Gentry) writes:
> For any that run into this same problem (newgroup xxx does not exist -
> when it really does), the fix was to change the type of ACT_POS from
> short to long in common.h.

That changes was made to rn 4.3 a long time ago (12/20/89). You should
update your copy of rn. rn 4.3 is now at patchlevel 54. rn 4.4 is now in
the works.

rn 4.3 patches are still available from "archive-server@bcm.tmc.edu"

They will go away when rn 4.4 is released.

--
Stan           internet: sob@bcm.tmc.edu         Director, Networking
Olan           uucp: {rutgers,mailrus}!bcm!sob   and Systems Support