[news.software.b] inews: inbound news is garbled

kmcvay@oneb.UUCP (Ken McVay) (02/16/91)

In trying to use inews (BNews 2.11) to post a text file, I keep getting
"inbound news is garbled" errors. The files are clean text... can anyone
shed some light on what it might be that's causing the problem?

--
Adopt a Marine Pen-Pal today! Send your mail| ANY MARINE                    |
via saudinet@oneb.wimsey.bc.ca, and use the | H&S Co.Maint.Plt.2nd. LAI Btn.|

jgabriel@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Juan Gabriel Ruiz Pinto) (02/24/91)

kmcvay@oneb.UUCP (Ken McVay) writes:

>In trying to use inews (BNews 2.11) to post a text file, I keep getting
>"inbound news is garbled" errors. The files are clean text... can anyone
>shed some light on what it might be that's causing the problem?

   Maybe your problem is with the format of the text file your
  are trying to send. If you're sending the file with a newsreader (nn,
  trn, rn, etc..) or with Pnews, postnews, nnpost... they must format
  the file with all the necessary headers, if you're doing this and
  don't works you must tell your system administrator to fix that
  programs. Now, if you're trying to send the text file directly with
  the rnews or inews -p program, you must be sure to include all the
  necessary headers in your text file.
--
Juan Gabriel Ruiz Pinto                   Internet:
Ing. Sistemas Electronicos                jgabriel@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx