[news.software.b] Dynafeed

kherron@ms.uky.edu (Kenneth Herron) (02/25/91)

ggw%wolves@cs.duke.edu (Gregory G. Woodbury) writes:
><1991Feb23.064618.6167@looking.on.ca> brad@looking.on.ca (Brad Templeton):
>>If your sys file is that complex, you should really be feeding with
>>dynafeed.

>...feeding gateways to other
>networks and systems other than fairly vanilla B- or C- news derived
>systems is not helped by dynafeed.

>If you can convince Waffle and FSUUCP and all the DOS-based newsreaders
>and news consumers to support the dynafeed messages, then I will look at
>it again.

Wait a moment.  The receiving end doesn't *have* to send you back those
subscription messages; Dynafeed can be used one-way only, where it
simply provides the functionality of being able to turn ANY group on
or off on demand.

And the batching is totally configurable.  You could even have dynafeed
write to out.going/site/togo, and let the C-news batcher take care
of it.

Admittedly, in it's current form dynafeed itself needs to be on a unix
system, or you'll have some shell scripts to port.
--
Kenneth Herron                                            kherron@ms.uky.edu
University of Kentucky                                        (606) 257-2975