[news.software.b] How to Create Local Moderated Groups

mark@shl.com (Mark Batten) (02/27/91)

We wish to use cnews as a local bulletin board system.
I want to create both moderated and unmoderated LOCAL groups.

The Nutshell Handbook "Managing UUCP and Usenet" says that
the backbone site handles forwarding to moderators and if
you are a backbone site you shouldn't be reading this book.
It only explains how to designate your backbone, not how to
designate moderators.

In other words, I can't find any documentation on setting up
a moderated local group.

So my question is:  How do I create a moderated local group?

Thanks,
   Mark Batten       mark@shl.com      uunet!shl!mark
   Systemhouse

In article <1991Feb26.193509.1020@shl.com> mark@shl.com (Mark Batten) writes:
>In other words, I can't find any documentation on setting up
>a moderated local group.

Create the group using addgroup.  Then add an entry along the lines of

our.local.group	itsmoderator@here

to NEWSCTL/mailpaths.
--
"But this *is* the simplified version   | Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology