[news.software.b] old input files: stop - whats that?

news@scuzzy.in-berlin.de (News Admin) (03/11/91)

not that i'd worry about this, but what should it tell me?

From news Sun Mar 10 09:18:40 1991
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 91 09:18 MET
From: news (News Admin)
To: news

old input files:
stop
--
      Heiko Blume <-+-> src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93
                  public UNIX source archive [HST V.42bis]:
        scuzzy Any ACU,f 38400 6919520 gin:--gin: nuucp sword: nuucp
                     uucp scuzzy!/src/README /your/home

In article <1991Mar11.004908.22873@scuzzy.in-berlin.de> news@scuzzy.in-berlin.de (News Admin) writes:
>not that i'd worry about this, but what should it tell me?
>
>old input files:
>stop

It means that the "stop" file has been there for rather a long time, which
means that you may have input piling up unprocessed.
--
"But this *is* the simplified version   | Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
for the general public."     -S. Harris |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu  utzoo!henry

src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de (Heiko Blume) (03/12/91)

news@scuzzy.in-berlin.de (that's me, actually) writes:
>not that i'd worry about this, but what should it tell me?
>old input files:
>stop

i think i found out: the stop file is created by 'newsrunning off',
and if one forgets the 'newsrunning on' later, the above
message is generated. apart from the message i didn't notice
any different behaviour of the news system, however.