 From: gld@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Gary L Dare)
 Newsgroups: misc.forsale,na.forsale,ny.forsale
 Subject: Technics 420 CD player, swap for NAD or Denon receiver
 Date: 27 Mar 91 21:14:28 GMT
 Sender: usenet@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (The Network News)
--
Ron Heiby, heiby@chg.mcd.mot.com	Moderator: comp.newprod
"Wrong is wrong, even when it helps you." Popeye

jerry@olivey.ATC.Olivetti.Com (Jerry Aguirre) (03/29/91)

In article <59372@mcdchg.chg.mcd.mot.com> heiby@mcdchg.chg.mcd.mot.com (Ron Heiby) writes:

>#	uucp map unpacking
>MAP:world,na,usa,comp.mail.maps:F:/usr/spool/uumaps/work/batch
>
> Newsgroups: misc.forsale,na.forsale,ny.forsale

Your sys/MAP entry say to send articles in the newsgroup na which
implicitly means na.all which includes na.forsale which is one of the
newsgroups.  This is another example of the confusion of newsgroups and
distribtuions.

You could recode your entry as:

 #	uucp map unpacking
 MAP:world,!world.all,na,!na.all,usa,!usa.all,comp.mail.maps:F:/usr/spool/uumaps/work/batch

so that the distributions would not match random groups under the
distributions.  My understanding is that under C news one can enter this
as:

 #	uucp map unpacking
 MAP:comp.mail.maps/world,na,usa:F:/usr/spool/uumaps/work/batch

And it matches the newsgroups and distributions separately.  I am not
aware of map entries being sent out with other than world distribution
though I suppose it could happen some day.  I suspect most sites use
just:

 #	uucp map unpacking
 MAP:world,comp.mail.maps:F:/usr/spool/uumaps/work/batch

			Jerry Aguirre