[news.software.b] Problems Running Cnews on Interactive 2.2

garyb@gallium.UUCP (Gary Blumenstein) (04/01/91)

Help!  I'm so close to getting cnews running here, I can taste it!  :-)

If someone can give me some hints on getting the latest version of cnews
to run properly under Interactive UNIX 2.2, please email them to me.

Here's a short list of some problems I'm experiencing....

I get the following error message when I try to post from a regular user's
account (not news):

          relaynews: recursive loop setting ids (Bad file number)

I answered "no" to the build question about whether my system
could do setuid(geteuid().  (setnewsids gets compiled and
installed setuid root).

When I answered "yes" to the setuid(geteuid() question, (no setnewsids)
I wound up with the following error when posting...

relaynews: set[ug]id failed (Bad file number)

Anyway, as you can see, I'm a little at loss here.  Any help would be greatly
appreceated (Henry, are you out there?  :-))

Finally, when I post using the news account, the article gets posted but the
headers are switched when I compare them to the way Bnews creates them here.
Example:
                 Under Cnews        Under Bnews