[news.software.b] Re^2: Cnews on SCO UNIX.

root@osh3.OSHA.GOV (Superuser) (04/09/91)

jim@shograf.com (jim morris) writes:

>I think there is a bug introduced by compiling the dbz package with -O
>that causes the .pag file to look a lot bigger than it is. Mine appeared
>to be 300Mb!!! but df showed that it wasn't really, cause I still had
>disk space. Anyway deleting the history files, re-compiling dbz WITHOUT
>-O, re-linking C-News, then rebuilding the history files fixed it.

Yup, and Henry was nice enough to point out (very promptly I might add)
that I had missed a caveat in the ./notebook/problems file (thus being
my fault).  I would just like to add that you should remember to delete
*.[ao] from the sources before rebuilding.  Otherwise you could end up
with the same old dbz.