[news.software.b] Where's Wayne Davison

pdc@sgi.com (Paul Close) (04/09/91)

Several months ago, Wayne Davison posted asking for volunteers to help
develop enhancements to trn, Wayne's set of improvements to rn.  I
volunteered to do an interactive newsgroup selector (instead of mthreads
-n).  It's all but done, and I can't seem to get ahold of Wayne.  I know he
changed jobs, but I get no response from his MCI mail account either.

Anyone know where Wayne is these days, and if he's still maintaining trn?

Thanks,
--
Paul Close	     pdc@sgi.com	   ...!{ames, decwrl, uunet}!sgi!pdc

    There's only one thing that puzzles you... Your name isn't Dunric!

davison@borland.com (Wayne Davison) (04/10/91)

Paul Close (pdc@sgi.com) writes:
> I can't seem to get ahold of Wayne.  I know he changed jobs [...]

The best way to reach me is "davison@borland.com".  All recent mail that
was sent to my old address at dri.com was not being forwarded to me due
to some changes in system software after I left.  I have rectified the
problem, and have scavenged about 50 messages that need a reply.  So,
if you figured that I died sometime in the last two months, you should
be getting a reply from me soon.

Also, my trn time is very sparodic these days, so if there is anyone out
there that would like to do some trn development work, let me know.  I've
got some interesting ideas for improvements, and there are (of course)
still bugs to be fixed.  Perhaps the Thing To Do would be to officially
integrate trn into rn if Stan wants to hassle with it.  He's currently
working on a new rn release (I believe), so it would have to wait until
that gets finished.
--
 \  /| / /|\/ /| /(_)     Wayne Davison
(_)/ |/ /\|/ / |/  \      davison@borland.com

sob@tmc.edu (Stan Barber) (04/14/91)

In article <1991Apr9.211301.1793@borland.com> davison@borland.com (Wayne Davison) writes:
>Perhaps the Thing To Do would be to officially integrate trn into rn if
>Stan wants to hassle with it.  He's currently working on a new rn release
>(I believe), so it would have to wait until that gets finished.

Yes, I am working on rn 4.4 which will have many of the changes in trn that
don't relate to threading. It should be available soon, but I am running
behind my original schedule.

What we really need to do is come up with a way to integrate threading
support in to NNTP or perhaps define NNRP with threading. At that point,
I would happily integrate threading into the main line rn code.

--
Stan           internet: sob@bcm.tmc.edu         Director, Networking
Olan           uucp: rutgers!bcm!sob             and Systems Support