[news.software.b] C News - Summary of articles rejected by stricter checking

rd@pixie.aii.com (Bob Thrush) (04/19/91)

  It has now been 21 days since the 24Mar91 version of C News was
installed.  I have attached a summary of the news activity.  (This
site has one full upstream feed, 2 full ihave/sendme feeds and 4 full
downstream feeds.)

  By far the largest category of rejections is in the `article
"header" contains non-header line'.  Most of those in this category
are rejected for either empty header lines or no blank after the ':'.

  The rejection rate of 1.6 % is inflated since the same bad article
may be received from 3 different sites.  It's probably < 1%.

Here is the overall summary:

Accept Reject Junked I-have Sendme   Total    Sent
153417  39688    335  71605 186169  451214 1132615

  and a summary of the rejected articles:

duplicate: 37215
article "header" contains non-header line: 1839
no From: header: 203
no subscribed groups: 180
no @ in Message-ID: 110
unparsable Date: 46
unapproved article in moderated group(s): 39
no Subject: header: 23
no Date: header: 15
Date: too far in the future: 11
older than 30 days: 6

  I'm curious what results are found at other sites running the new version
of C News.
--
Bob Thrush rd@aii.com
Automation Intelligence,Inc.,1200 W. Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32804