[news.software.b] News not being transferred

de5@sws1.ctd.ornl.gov (Dave Sill) (04/19/91)

I'm running the latest C News and NNTP under Ultrix 3.1.

I've been successfully receiving and sending news to one site,
utkcs2.cs.utk.edu, but have been having trouble sending news to
another feed, rsg1.er.usgs.gov.

My sys file looks like:

ME:all,!ga,!atl,!git,!cs::
rsg1:misc,sci:n:rsg1.er.usgs.gov
utkcs2:all,!junk,!to,to.utk/all,!ornl,!mmes:n:utkcs2.cs.utk.edu

When I post locally, the log shows, e.g.:

Apr 19 09:27:14.966 ornl + <1991Apr19.132711.20128@ornl.gov> utkcs2

Where's rsg1?  Curiously, some stuff *was* sent to rsg1 yesterday,
when I first modified the sys file.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--
Dave Sill (de5@ornl.gov)
Martin Marietta Energy Systems

stealth@caen.engin.umich.edu (Mike Pelletier) (04/19/91)

In article <1991Apr19.134820.20531@ornl.gov>
	de5@sws1.ctd.ornl.gov (Dave Sill) writes:
>I'm running the latest C News and NNTP under Ultrix 3.1.

Me too...

>I've been successfully receiving and sending news to one site,
>utkcs2.cs.utk.edu, but have been having trouble sending news to
>another feed, rsg1.er.usgs.gov.
>
>My sys file looks like:
>
>ME:all,!ga,!atl,!git,!cs::
>rsg1:misc,sci:n:rsg1.er.usgs.gov
>utkcs2:all,!junk,!to,to.utk/all,!ornl,!mmes:n:utkcs2.cs.utk.edu
>
>When I post locally, the log shows, e.g.:
>
>Apr 19 09:27:14.966 ornl + <1991Apr19.132711.20128@ornl.gov> utkcs2
>
>Where's rsg1?  Curiously, some stuff *was* sent to rsg1 yesterday,
>when I first modified the sys file.

You're missing the distributions line on the rsg1 sys line.
It should look like:

rsg1:misc,sci/all,!ornl,!mmes,!local:n:rsg1.er.usgs.gov

Cheers...

--
Mike Pelletier             | "Wind & waves are breakdowns in the commitment of
The University of Michigan |  getting from here to there, but they are the con-