[news.software.b] Spanning file systems with Bnews?

hackney@wotan.compaq.com (Greg Hackney) (04/20/91)

Are there mods somewhere that will allow Bnews files to be spooled
across multiple file systems on symlink-less systems? If so, I'd
sure appreciate some info on it.
--
Greg Hackney                        Compaq Computer Corporation
hackney@compaq.com                  Houston, Texas

alexis@panix.uucp (Alexis Rosen) (04/27/91)

hackney@wotan.compaq.com (Greg Hackney) writes:
>Are there mods somewhere that will allow Bnews files to be spooled
>across multiple file systems on symlink-less systems? If so, I'd
>sure appreciate some info on it.

Yeah, but they're real large. Written by two guys name of Spencer and Collyer.

:-)

---
Alexis Rosen
Owner/Sysadmin, PANIX Public Access Unix, NY
{cmcl2,apple}!panix!alexis

In article <1991Apr27.075425.13866@panix.uucp> alexis@panix.uucp (Alexis Rosen) writes:
>>Are there mods somewhere that will allow Bnews files to be spooled
>>across multiple file systems on symlink-less systems? ...
>
>Yeah, but they're real large. Written by two guys name of Spencer and Collyer.
>:-)

Alas, I have to make a couple of corrections to this.  One is that C News
doesn't currently do that (although it may, in the not-too-distant future).
The other, editorial, correction is that the correct order of names is
Collyer and Spencer; Geoff did the hard parts.
--
And the bean-counter replied,           | Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
"beans are more important".             |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu  utzoo!henry