software to not include a 'Date:' header.

	From: JBECK@bmgtmail.umd.EDU
	Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

	From: ERIK@brock1p.BITNET (Erik L Seielstad)
	Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

	From: esuarez@fcaglp.EDU.AR (Eduardo A. Suarez)
	Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

	From: PA9690@UTKVM1.UTK.EDU (Alan Luchuk)
	Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

	From: PA9690@UTKVM1.UTK.EDU (Alan Luchuk)
	Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

	From: mmdf@munich-emh1.ARmy.MIL (E-Mail)
	Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

	From: ARNALDO@riosc.BITNET (Arnaldo Viegas de Lima)
	Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

	From: stephane@GRASP1.UNIV-LYON1.FR (Stephane Guillard)
	Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

  Northern Illinois Univ.
  DeKalb, IL 60115                                   +1-815-753-6940

dricejb@drilex.UUCP (Craig Jackson drilex1) (05/07/91)

In article <1991May3.173007.21900@mp.cs.niu.edu> rickert@mp.cs.niu.edu (Neil Rickert) writes:

> Hey, you folks with PCs.  Either learn to set the time when you turn on
>your machine, or buy a battery backed up clock, or configure your email
>software to not include a 'Date:' header.
>
>	From: JBECK@bmgtmail.umd.EDU
>	Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
>
>	From: ERIK@brock1p.BITNET (Erik L Seielstad)
>	Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

Three notes:

1. Any serious sufferer of the PC would know that PCs start time at
Jan 1, 1980.

2. All IBM PCs since the AT (1984) have come with a battery-backed up
clock.  Clones have generally followed IBM practice.  Of course, batteries
eventually run down.

3. One of those addresses is Bitnet.  Bitnet is built on IBM's protocol
NJE (basically).  I'd love to learn of an implementation of NJE for the PC.
--
Craig Jackson
dricejb@drilex.dri.mgh.com