[news.software.b] Bnews expire problem.

brians@guido.rain.com (Brian Sheets) (05/11/91)

I am using I guess the newest version of Bnews and for some reason
expire is not doing it's job.

I went through and found articles older than a month and I have my expire
time set to 5 days.

Can somebody explain what I am doing wrong??

thanks

In article <216@guido.rain.com> brians@guido.rain.com (Brian Sheets) writes:
>I went through and found articles older than a month and I have my expire
>time set to 5 days.

Do those articles have explicit expiry dates in them?  If so, it is legit
for them to stick around until the specified dates.  (It would be nice to
be able to put a bound on this; C News expire provides for that, but
B News expire doesn't, or didn't last I looked.)
--
And the bean-counter replied,           | Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
"beans are more important".             |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu  utzoo!henry