[news.software.b] renouncing setid with cnews

patm@tandem.com (Pat Mulroney-UB) (05/17/91)

I think I have seen this question asked before, but I can't seem to
find the answer.  What causes this:

Posting...
UB-GATE 68#relaynews: warning: renouncing setuid due to nonstandard `NEWSPATH' in environment

Thanks for you help.

                             pat@ub.com

In article <1991May16.172349.8409@tandem.com> patm@tandem.com (Pat Mulroney-UB) writes:
>I think I have seen this question asked before, but I can't seem to
>find the answer.  What causes this:
>
>UB-GATE 68#relaynews: warning: renouncing setuid due to nonstandard `NEWSPATH' in environment

It's been answered at least twice in the last week, for heaven's sake...

It means either "/usr/lib/news/bin/config is out of date, you should copy
it from sources/conf/config" or "you have modified /usr/lib/news/bin/config
without rebuilding the software, which doesn't work".
--
And the bean-counter replied,           | Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
"beans are more important".             |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu  utzoo!henry