[news.software.b] BITFTP grief!

) (05/23/91)

henry@zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer) writes:
> In article <DJuB31w164w@techsys.UUCP> berk@techsys.UUCP (techsys consulting)
> >usc!celia!techsys!berk            extant map entries void
> >          Does henry@ut.zoo ever answer?
>
> Yeah, he does... but he gets, and replies to, a lot of mail, so when his
> answer bounces from some difficult mailer en route, he tends to just say
> "oh, to hell with it" and go on to something else, unless there's some
> reason why it's important to *him* that the mail get through.

Really, Henry, I'm surprised that you haven't patched your mailer to throw
away those bounce messages.

After all, if the person sending mail wants it to get through, he ought to
check that the address is correct himself by reading the RFCs and the mail
maps.

And if we throw away all badly addressed messages without sending bounce
reports, it'll encourage people to make their mailers more intelligent, won't
it?

mathew