[news.software.b] Too far in the future? C-news oddity...

stealth@engin.umich.edu (Mike Pelletier) (05/23/91)

In article <1991May23.145041.2256@engin.umich.edu> I write:

>The article isn't in the future, it's an hour and five minutes in the past...
>Is C-news not paying attention to the time zone specification, or is this
>date not compliant in some way?

I realized shortly after I posted this that the version of the relaynews
daemon that I'm running doesn't update it's concept of "now," so it was
thinking that now was about two days ago.  I stopped and restarted it,
and plan to upgrade to the latest version shortly...

--
Mike Pelletier             | "Wind & waves are breakdowns in the commitment of
The University of Michigan |  getting from here to there, but they are the con-

In article <1991May23.150514.2551@engin.umich.edu> stealth@engin.umich.edu (Mike Pelletier) writes:
>>Is C-news not paying attention to the time zone specification, or is this
>>date not compliant in some way?
>
>I realized shortly after I posted this that the version of the relaynews
>daemon that I'm running doesn't update it's concept of "now"...

For the Nth time:  if you are running a relaynews daemon, you are not
running C News, you are running "C News with modifications".  Please
be specific.  (The conditions of use in the copyright notice require it.)
--
And the bean-counter replied,           | Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
"beans are more important".             |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu  utzoo!henry