[news.software.b] seeing cross-posted articles

jim@tiamat.fsc.com ( IT Manager) (05/29/91)

I have noticed that "vnews" doesn't always show me all the articles in a
news group.  I managed to figure out that it is because the article
has been cross-posted to the current group, but that some other group
name comes earlier in the list.  E.g. if I'm reading comp.unix.sysv386,
vnews won't show me an article with "comp.sys.att,comp.sys.sysv386" in the
Newsgroups line.  Since I don't read comp.sys.att, I would probably never
see the article.

Is there a way to make vnews show me every article in a group?  Would this
behavior go away with other news readers? (I can probably consider other
news readers again, since we have more disk space, and could use a reader
which wants to create its own indexing files, ala "nn".)

Thanks.
James B. O'Connor			jim@tiamat.fsc.com
Ahlstrom Filtration, Inc.		615/821-4022 x. 651