[news.newsites] Changes at node jackson

egranthm@jackson.UUCP (Ewan Grantham) (06/09/88)

This is to reflect our addition of communications with node altpyr.
I assume I've posted this correctly, if not, please email the
flames.

#N     jackson
#S     Unisys 5000/80; System V Release 2
#O     Mississippi Department of Corrections, Jackson, MS
#C     Ewan R. Grantham
#E     jackson!usenet
#T     +1 601 354 6454 x358
#P     723 North President Street, Jackson, MS 39202-3097
#L     82 00 00 N / 90 50 00 W city (approx.)
#R     Just learning unix/uucp. Can use all help available.
#W     jackson!egranthm (Ewan R. Grantham); Thur June 8 13:15:00 CDT 1988
#U     nuchat atlpyr
#
jackson     nuchat(EVENING)   atlpyr(HOURLY)

hack@bellboy.UUCP (Greg Hackney) (06/10/88)

In article <213@jackson.UUCP> egranthm@jackson.UUCP (Ewan Grantham) writes:
>This is to reflect our addition of communications with node altpyr.

Whoops...
The site "atlpyr" changed it's node name today to "swbatl". (That's
an ell, not a one, for Southwestern Bell Advance Technology Lab.)

--
Greg

P.S. This entry for the Department of Corrections gives a new meaning
     to a posters inquiry, "Send me a file."

egranthm@jackson.UUCP (Ewan Grantham) (06/11/88)

In article <1094@bellboy.UUCP>, hack@bellboy.UUCP (Greg Hackney) writes:
> In article <213@jackson.UUCP> egranthm@jackson.UUCP (Ewan Grantham) writes:
> >This is to reflect our addition of communications with node altpyr.
>
> Whoops...
> The site "atlpyr" changed it's node name today to "swbatl". (That's
> an ell, not a one, for Southwestern Bell Advance Technology Lab.)

Sorry. Bruce had mentioned that the change was coming up, and I forgot
to check with him before posting. I will try to get a new dirform out
sometime in the next week.

> --
> Greg
>
> P.S. This entry for the Department of Corrections gives a new meaning
>      to a posters inquiry, "Send me a file."

Luckily, we don't have any of the inmates on-line at this point, though
I have had discussions about what the responsibilities would be if they
received access in the future. Still, I don't think you can ftp a
"file" too conviently...

Ewan Grantham

--
Ewan Grantham    (601) 354-6454 ext.358
{pyramid or bellcore or tness..}!swbatl!jackson!egranthm