[net.lang.lisp] Le__Lisp for VAXen and BSD?

gb@vax135.UUCP (Gary Bishop) (05/21/86)

Anyone aware of an implementation of Le__Lisp for VAXen running Berkeley
4.2 or 4.3?  A short writeup on Le__Lisp in the new CIME makes it sound
pretty interesting.

vax135!gb
Gary Bishop
AT&T Bell Labs
Holmdel NJ, 07733
(201) 949-3557

lamy@utai.UUCP (Francois Lamy) (05/25/86)

In article <1454@vax135.UUCP> gb@vax135.UUCP (Gary Bishop) writes:
>Anyone aware of an implementation of Le__Lisp for VAXen running Berkeley
>4.2 or 4.3?  A short writeup on Le__Lisp in the new CIME makes it sound
>pretty interesting.

The interest is probably justified.  The VMS and Sun versions are
excellent (i.e. complete and FAST).

There is a 4.2 version for Vaxes, distributed by either INRIA or IRCAM
in Paris (INRIA, I think).  I do not know if a 4.3 version is available.
The Unix version is distributed for a nominal fee to universities (or
once was).  I will have to ask somebody in Montreal about ordering
information.

I've seen implementors of Le_Lisp contribute to this forum before, so
there is still the chance that you will get a direct answer.
--

Jean-Francois Lamy	        CSNet: lamy@ai.toronto.csnet
Department of Computer Science 	EAN:   lamy@ai.toronto.cdn