[news.newsites] A News Site

mark@cblpf.ATT.COM (Mark Horton) (03/11/89)

karl@triceratops.cis.ohio-state.edu (Karl Kleinpaste) writes:
In article <250@stargate.UUCP> adnan@stargate.UUCP (Adnan Yaqub) writes:
|   From: adnan@stargate.UUCP (Adnan Yaqub)
|   Newsgroups: news.newsites
|   Date: 8 Mar 89 19:57:30 GMT
|
|   #N	stargate

NO.  Absolutely, positively not.

The one, true, real, registered `stargate' is owned and operated by
Mark Horton as the base of operations for Stargate Information
Services, stargate.com.

This host is apparently the one responsible for inadvertently picking
up mail bound for Mark from osu-cis before I fixed up my Permissions
file after noticing the problem.  Mail will be sent separately.

--Karl

I appreciate Karl bringing this to our attention.  We wondered why
mail to us was getting picked up by some other stargate and bounced
back to the sender.

To set the record straight, while I am the Managing Director of
Stargate Information Services, I am not the "owner" of either SIS
or the "stargate" machine.  We have a board who makes all the
decisions.  Of course, Lauren Weinstein (also on the board) has
an important role in things involving the name "stargate" (since
he's run the satellite side of things since the original inception
of the Stargate Project back in the early 1980s.  Mel Pleasant and
Steve Morenberg are also on the board.

We have initiated a dialog with Mr. Yaqub about the matter.  I trust
most of you realize that mail to user@stargate.UUCP will go to SIS
(that's us, the electronic mail and netnews people) and not to ST
(that's the PC board people).

	Mark Horton