[news.config] Akgua falling off the net

spaf@gatech.UUCP (05/30/87)

The notice included below has appeared in the mailboxes of sys admins
at many sites in the southeast US in the past couple of days.  We
("gatech") will attempt to take up some of the slack in the deep South,
but our capacity is limited.  Contact  "usenet@gatech.edu" for
specifics.

Mail should not be routed through akgua, effective immediately, because
all non-AT&T links with akgua are now set to work as "callback", and we
have been noticing some bad delays in that procedure.

Also, on a related note, if you've found mail to Lindsay Cleveland
(akgua!glc) failing, it's because he's no longer working for AT&T; he's
now at dscatl!linday.  His departure may be related to these changes:

* NOTICE:                                                             *
* For reasons of security and costs, uucp site -akgua- will no longer *
* be available for other than local business traffic with the AT&T    *
* Cable Plant in Norcross.                                            *
* If you are using -akgua- as a pass-through connection to other      *
* sites, or as a feed for netnews, these operations will be           *
* discontinued as of June 15, 1987.  Please make arrangements to      *
* use another site for these operations.                              *
* Business traffic with the Cable Plant will continue to be supported.*
* UNIX Administration                                                 *
* (404) 447-3224                                                      *

Gene Spafford
Software Engineering Research Center (SERC), Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332
CSNet:	Spaf @ GATech		ARPA:	Spaf@gatech.EDU
uucp:	...!{akgua,decvax,hplabs,ihnp4,linus,seismo,ulysses}!gatech!spaf

spaf@gatech.UUCP (05/31/87)

In article <15730@gatech.gatech.edu>, spaf@gatech.edu (Gene Spafford) writes:
> Also, on a related note, if you've found mail to Lindsay Cleveland
> (akgua!glc) failing, it's because he's no longer working for AT&T; he's
> now at dscatl!linday.

Sometimes I type faster than I am accurate.  Lindsay's current email
address is dscatl!lindsay.