[news.config] Announcement of unmoderated sources mailing list.

joe@auspyr.UUCP (06/11/87)

I was thinking (for once), if the majority of the Backbone Administrators
really feel that net.sources was/is a waste of resources, then they do indeed
have every right to create moderated news groups providing REAL costs were
at issue. [ But on the same hand, thier are alot of other *realitively* useless
news groups around... ]

Ofcourse, I could have just given *them* a good defense mechanism.

Now, a mailing list isn't really going to help much either since SOMEONE is
going to have to distribute 50 zillion copies of SOMETHING via the mail.
Chances are that the mail will go via a backbone site! I think backbones
would be better off forwarding batched/compressed news instead of
unbatched (one per recipient) articles of mail...

What I'd like to see is net.sources brang back... someone can send out a
newgroup message. (Heck, I can for that matter.) Administrators that
don't want it can just LOCALLY remove it.  I see no reason why EVERYONE
must suffer because a spine{less,full} backbone get tired of the
disorganization of net.sources.  Hey, if I could deal with it....

>"OK! The Joke is over! We was just joshing... net.sources crossed the road
>to get to the otherside! ..."
>					- Someone who made a mistake

Don't ya just wish?
<geez>