[news.config] gordon

davido@gordon.UUCP (David Ornstein) (07/08/87)

In article <4288@jade.BERKELEY.EDU> caeri@arisia.berkeley.edu.BERKELEY.EDU () writes:

>Anyone know what's going on here? Somebody have it out for Seth? Or is
>some machine broken?

Hi.  I'm the sysop at gordon (wimper).  I saw all of the postings that went
out and I'm not quite sure what caused it.  About a month ago I setup a
news<-->mail forwarding system that seems to be the culprit, but I have no
idea what caused the problem and have been unable to reproduce it.  The
system has worked fine with a reasonable flow of traffic for a month now.

Sorry for all of this shit.

David Ornstein		"Never join a religion that has a water slide."

Internet:	davido@gordon.uucp
UUCP:		{mit-eddie|seismo}!mirror!gordon!davido
	     or {harvard|ames|decvax|husc6}!necntc!davido
US Snail:	Access Technology, 6 Pleasant St, Natck MA 01760

nyssa@terminus.UUCP (07/09/87)

David Ornstein, you are a very brave man.

gaild@homxb.UUCP (07/10/87)

>From: nyssa@terminus.UUCP (The Prime Minister)

>David Ornstein, you are a very brave man.

You sure are!!

Our Mel (who's seriously addicted to the soc.scene) was observed
running through the hallways, hatchet in hand screaming

           KEEL DAVID!!!   KEEL DAVID!!!

David, you were luck!  The people from Medical were able to track
Mel down and dart her, and now she's slumped over her terminal
sobbing quietly and saying..."all I wanted was the news, I wasn't
*really* gonna cut his you-know-whatty off..."

DrinkH2O