[news.config] lll-tis downtime

mcb@lll-tis.arpa (Michael C. Berch) (09/05/87)

I have been informed that lll-tis will be down once again,
this time for the long weekend, from 1800 PDT today (Friday 4 September)
until 0600 Tuesday 8 September for system testing and benchmarking. Normal
telephone UUCP, internet UUCP, and NNTP service should resume Monday morning.
The machine might answer telephone calls and pings but logins and servers
(except incoming SMTP) will be disabled.

Michael C. Berch
News/mail admin - LLL-TIS systems
ARPA: mcb@lll-tis.arpa
UUCP: {ames,ihnp4,lll-crg,lll-lcc,mordor}!lll-tis!mcb

mcb@lll-tis.arpa (Michael C. Berch) (09/12/87)

In article <21695@lll-tis.arpa> mcb@lll-tis.arpa (Michael C. Berch) writes:
> I have been informed that lll-tis will be down once again,
> this time for the long weekend, from 1800 PDT today (Friday 4 September)
> until 0600 Tuesday 8 September for system testing and benchmarking. Normal
> telephone UUCP, internet UUCP, and NNTP service should resume Monday morning.
> The machine might answer telephone calls and pings but logins and servers
> (except incoming SMTP) will be disabled.
>
> Michael C. Berch
> News/mail admin - LLL-TIS systems
> ARPA: mcb@lll-tis.arpa
> UUCP: {ames,ihnp4,lll-crg,lll-lcc,mordor}!lll-tis!mcb

I'm afraid we'll be doing it again this weekend, from 1800 PDT Friday
11 September to 0600 Monday 1`4 September. Same notes apply.

Michael