[news.config] Site 'killer' update

mechjgh@tness1.UUCP (Greg Hackney 214+464-2771) (04/06/88)

In article <1706@desint.UUCP> geoff@desint.UUCP (Geoff Kuenning) writes:
>In article <653@jclyde.UUCP> usenet@jclyde.UUCP (Usenet control) writes:
>> On Friday, March 18,
>> 1988, officials from AT&T Corporate Security moved in and seized the
>> machine
>
> where do they get the right to seize somebody's private hardware?

It is at&t's property, not private hardware.

I don't know which (if any) of the rumors are true (I even
heard it caught fire) but, I'd like to make a statement (knowing
that there are hundreds of at&t folks out there....

I have a regular account on killer (versus a BBS account), and
have browsed the file systems fairly well, and have never seen
anything there that could be construed as proprietory.

I have always had respect for at&t company in their willingness
to support the USENET as a public service, and for killer's
role in almost singlehandedly delivering netnews to the
Dallas/Ft Worth area.

I have seen nothing offensive there. (Except maybe postings
in the "Mark Ethan Smith" category). :-)

                                      ^

                              corporate execs,
                              this is a funny face.
--
Greg Hackney
(20 years service in at&t and the bell system)

"What hath God wrought?"