[news.config] mnetor down ....

ron@mnetor.UUCP (Ron Miller) (08/12/88)

In article <4679@mnetor.UUCP>, ron@mnetor.UUCP (Ron Miller) writes:
> In article <1988Jul29.154515.5525@lsuc.uucp>, dave@lsuc.uucp (David Sherman) writes:
> > The "mnetor" site has been repaired and is running again,
> > but it's also been sold and will be shut down next Thursday,
> > August 4.
>
> The Pyramid 90X which you have come to know as mnetor will actually be
> shut down for good and dismantled Monday, August 8.
> With luck, the
> 3.5 megs of news/mail still in our queues will not be lost, and mnetor
> will act much as before
>
> One way or another, I'll report more details on Monday.

Looks like I was a little too optimistic about Monday.  All kinds of
things broke when the Pyramid hardware was swapped out (which actually
did happen on Monday).  Since then I've been adjusting to the change
from 4.3 to sys V environment, trying to get all the news/mail software
running, battling with modems that won't go off hook when called, etc.

Anyway, as of this moment, the mnetor site (on new hardware) is mostly
back on its feet (except for the #%@*^ modems!).  Sites that are polled
by mnetor should all be in contact "real soo now".  Sites that poll us
may have to wait a while :-(

More later on the latest developments.