[news.config] Duplicate site in maps

lyndon@aurthanc.AthabascaU.CA (Lyndon Nerenberg) (03/17/89)

Someone in Italy has registered a site named 'csb' in the
u.ita.1 map file. There is another 'csb' listed in the
u.can.ab.1 map file that predates it by a couple of years.
The result is, most sites in North America sending mail to
the .csb.it domain will find it vanishing without a word.

Don't the map coordinators check for duplicates anymore?

vixie@decwrl.dec.com (Paul A Vixie) (03/17/89)

# Someone in Italy has registered a site named 'csb' in the
# u.ita.1 map file. There is another 'csb' listed in the
# u.can.ab.1 map file that predates it by a couple of years.

Quick, everybody send mail to rutgers!csb!root and unido!csb!root and let's
see where it goes!  The rerouting crowd always likes to chant on about how
this kind of thing "can never happen".  :-(...
--
Paul Vixie
Work:    vixie@decwrl.dec.com    decwrl!vixie    +1 415 853 6600

dpz@pilot.njin.net (David Paul Zimmerman) (03/23/89)

lyndon@aurthanc.AthabascaU.CA (Lyndon Nerenberg) writes:

> Don't the map coordinators check for duplicates anymore?

Sure!

		David
--
			 David Paul Zimmerman
 the Rutgers Dormitory Networking Project, the UUCP Project, etc, etc

kls@ditka.UUCP (Karl Swartz) (03/24/89)

In article <Mar.22.23.37.52.1989.1874@pilot.njin.net> dpz@pilot.njin.net (David Paul Zimmerman) writes:
>lyndon@aurthanc.AthabascaU.CA (Lyndon Nerenberg) writes:
>> Don't the map coordinators check for duplicates anymore?
>Sure!

Are you telling us that you check for duplicates but don't do
anything about them?  Or that you check sometimes but only if
you remember to do so?  Or that you do, though other coordi-
nators may not?

--
Karl Swartz		|UUCP	{ames!hc!rt1,decuac!netsys}!ditka!kls
1-505/667-7777 (work)	|ARPA	rt1!ditka!kls@hc.dspo.gov