[comp.text] UNIX Word Processors, Info Wanted

dickj@tekgen.UUCP (David White) (11/22/86)

I am looking for a full-featured word processing system to run on a
MVAX II under Ultrix-32m V1.2a.  If anyone has any recommendations or
personal experiences with any of the current product offerings
(WordMARC, LEX, Latitude, etc.) I would appreciate your input.  The
word processor should support a variety of terminals and have
laserprinter formatting and ouput capability.  Thanks in advance.

Dave White                     uucp       ...!tektronix!gvgpsa!davew
Grass Valley Group                                        or
P.O. Box 1114                             ...!ucbvax!ucdavis!gvgpsa!davew
Grass Valley, CA 95945

(916) 478-3052

kg@elan.UUCP (11/22/86)

In article <566@tekgen.UUCP>, dickj@tekgen.UUCP (David White) writes:
> I am looking for a full-featured word processing system to run on a
> MVAX II under Ultrix-32m V1.2a. ... should support a variety of terminals
> and have laserprinter formatting ...

You might look into CrystalWriter and/or Crystal Publishing System from
Syntactics Corp., in Santa Clara, CA.  Phone: 408-727-6400.
--
Ken Greer
ELAN Computer Group

kehres@styx.UUCP (Tim Kehres) (12/02/86)

In article <566@tekgen.UUCP> dickj@tekgen.UUCP (David White) writes:
>I am looking for a full-featured word processing system to run on a
>MVAX II under Ultrix-32m V1.2a.  If anyone has any recommendations or
>personal experiences with any of the current product offerings
>(WordMARC, LEX, Latitude, etc.) I would appreciate your input.  The
>word processor should support a variety of terminals and have
>laserprinter formatting and ouput capability.  Thanks in advance.
>
>Dave White

Although I have not personally used the following software, the following
company seems to be a pretty good WP supplier.  If anyone has any other
experiences, I would appreciate knowing about them.

	Syntactics Corporation
	3333 Bowers Avenue, Suite 145
	Santa Clara, California  95054
	Phone: (408) 727-6400
	Products: CrystalWriter Plus, CrystalTypeset, and The Crystal
			  Publishing System.

Tim Kehres
Control Data Corporaton / Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
UUCP: {lll-crg,ihnp4!lll-lcc}!styx!kehres
ARPA: kehres@lll-tis-b.ARPA
AT&T: (415) 463-6852