[comp.text] Wanted: International Phonetic Alphabet for Mac/Laserwriter or QMS

newbery@vuwcomp.UUCP (Michael Newbery) (01/12/87)

This request is on behalf of our English Language Institute, who are searching
for an International Phonetic Alphabet fount (or founts) for the Macintosh.
A LaserWriter downline loadable fount is most preferable, but just bitmap
founts will do. Failing (or as well as) a Mac version, we will take a QMS
printer version.

It seems like such a thing should exist, but thus far we have been unable
to track one down.

tanh(q) in antic.......................ipation.
--
Michael Newbery

ACSnet:	newbery@vuwcomp.nz  UUCP: {ubc-vision,alberta}!calgary!vuwcomp!newbery
Une boule qui roule tue les poules.		(Landslides kill chickens)

daf1@bunny.UUCP (David Fay) (01/14/87)

In article <12585@vuwcomp.UUCP>, newbery@vuwcomp.UUCP (Michael Newbery) writes:
> ...searching for an International Phonetic Alphabet fount (or founts) for
> the Macintosh....

MacPhonetics includes three fonts in many sizes: the complete IPA
(International Phonetic Alphabet), SIL (Summer Lingustics Institute symbol
set), and MacTransliterator (75 languages in one font). Overstrike keys
with automatic non-deleting backspacing allow insertion of accents,
umlauts, and diacritics. Style variations include bold, italic, underline,
outline, shadow, superscript, and subscript. MacPhonetics may be obtained
from Linguists Software, 106R Highland St., South Hamilton, MA 01982 USA,
(617) 468-3037 for $79.95. It is not copy-protected.
--
David Fay
GTE Laboratories