[comp.text] TeX on Ultrix

drs@bnl.UUCP (02/04/87)

I have just started to bring up Tex on Ultrix (and Suns) and ran into an
immediate problem with the "others" clause in case statements.  Tex uses
'em and pc doesn't want to know about it.  Any assistance would be
appreciated.

	< dave stampf

tut@cairo.UUCP (02/05/87)

In article <53@bnl.UUCP>, drs@bnl.UUCP (David R. Stampf) writes:
> I have just started to bring up Tex on Ultrix (and Suns) and ran into an
> immediate problem with the "others" clause in case statements.  Tex uses
> 'em and pc doesn't want to know about it.  Any assistance would be
> appreciated.

Sun's Pascal compiler provides the "otherwise" clause in case statements,
which is like the "default" keyword in C's switch/case statements.  See
page 84 in the Pascal Programmer's Guide (purple tabs).  The "otherwise"
is probably what you want.  I don't know what to do for Ultrix.

Bill Tuthill

pwp@iuvax.UUCP (02/06/87)

The Berkeley Pascal compiler (pc on our Unix system) has an option
(-O if I remember correctly) that takes out all the others and converts
them to standard Pascal. Actually, the feature is on pxp rather than
pc. I you can run your code through pxp -O, your problems should be
solved.