[comp.text] Where can I get common TeX?

sean@ukma.UUCP (02/08/87)

I can send someone a tape if necessary.  Does anyone have the address of
the person at Stanford that I should talk to to also get the "real" Tex
distribution?

Sean
Sean Casey      UUCP:  cbosgd!ukma!sean           CSNET:  sean@ms.uky.csnet
		ARPA:  ukma!sean@anl-mcs.arpa    BITNET:  sean@UKMA.BITNET

david@geac.UUCP (David Haynes) (02/10/87)

In article <5823@ukma.ms.uky.csnet> sean@ukma.UUCP writes:

>I can send someone a tape if necessary.  Does anyone have the address of
>the person at Stanford that I should talk to to also get the "real" Tex
>distribution?
>
>Sean

Enough people seem to want this kind of information that a response
to the net seems warranted.

TeX can be ordered from:

Maria Code, Data Processing Services, 1371 Sydney Drive,
Sunnyvale, CA 94087

Cheque drawn on a US bank payable to Maria Code or
Money Order in US funds.

The tapes available are:

ASCII generic format
EBCDIC generic format
VAX/VMS backup format
DEC 20/TOPS-20 dumper format
IBM VM/CMS format

Font tapes:

200/240 dpi CM fonts
300 dpi CM fonts

Tapes are $92 for first tape, and $72 for each additional tape.
Each tape is rated at 2 lbs. shipping weight.

Shipping rates are:

Domestic priority mail:			$1.00 / lb.
air mail to Canada or Mexico:		$1.50 / lb.
export surface mail (all countries):	$1.00 / lb.
air mail to Europe, South America:	$4.00 / lb
air mail to Far East, Africa, Isreal:	$6.00 / lb.

California residents must add local sales tax.

This information was obtained (Feb 9, 1987) from the American
Mathematical Society. They also publish TUGboat, a periodical
representing developments in TeX, LaTeX, amsTeX and other
flavours of TeX.

-david-