[comp.text] tektronix & troff files to laserwriter

marco@MATH.UCLA.EDU (04/20/87)

Is there any way to include tektronix files in a troff document for output
to a laserwriter?
I'd like to be able to do something like .so graphfile where graphfile is
a Tektronix file, but with graphfile not preprocessed by troff or processed in
such a way that it would be inserted as a figure in the final document.
Is that at all possible?
thinthin

jaap@mcvax.cwi.nl (Jaap Akkerhuis) (04/21/87)

In article <5584@shemp.UCLA.EDU> marco@MATH.UCLA.EDU (Marco M. Mostrel) writes:

 > Is there any way to include tektronix files in a troff document for output
 > to a laserwriter?

Information send to me by UEL (Unix Europe London) gave the impression that
there is a preprocessor for this available from the toolchest.

 > I'd like to be able to do something like .so graphfile where graphfile is
 > a Tektronix file, but with graphfile not preprocessed by troff or processed in
 > such a way that it would be inserted as a figure in the final document.
 > Is that at all possible?

If you have TranScript, you might mock around with the output of ps4014
and pass it through troff using .cf file. It might work...

Good luck, jaap